Alexandre Gama, a brilliant Brazilian marketer was born in 1958, and founded what is now one of the 20th top advertising agencies in Brazil.
After obtaining his degree in Advertising and Communications from Armando Alvares Penteado Foundation (FAAP), Mr. Gama began putting his strengths to work in 1982 at Ogilvy & Mather, which has now been named 2016’s creative network of the year.
Neogama, his 1999 brainchild, and Mr. Gama himself is at no loss for impressive credentials or awards. Just a few are highlighted below.
- In 2002, Gama partnered with BBH in London to create, Neogama/BBH which was named Caboré agency of the year.
- Neogama won a “Lion” award in the Cannes Festival. A Cannes “lion” is a globally recognized creativity award.
- In 2003, Neogama won two Golden Lions in Cannes in both the Press and Film industries.
- The 2004 foreman for the International Film Jury, Gama was the first Latin to lead the judging for advertising professionals. He continued as a Jury Member at the same festival in 2008 and a second-round Foreman again in 2013.
- In 2006, nominated one of the seven most important professionals in the history of Brazilian publicity, Gama also won the tenth annual professional contribution award, and was elected Agency Director of the Year.
- In 2007, Gama had a repeat win of the Caboré Award by being voted Entrepreneur of the Year and one of three top advertisers of the year.
- In 2012, he became a board member of the Brazilian Association of Advertising Agencies.
- After selling Neogama in 2012, Alexandre chose to again operate independently when he took back the Neogama name and started another agency.
- In 2013, the Rock Giant campaign, authored by Gama, became internationally famous and Neogama won the “Company or the Year” award.
- In 2014, after trying his hand in the music industry, Gama founded and introduced VIOLAB, a Brazilian acoustic guitar project. In the same year, he was invited to share his work at the Brazilian Art Museum (MAB).
- In 2015, Gama’s agency won a Golden Lion, the most coveted of all awards at Cannes, for another campaign created for the Mix Brasil Festival for Cultural and Sexual Diversity.
What’s next for this magnificently talented expert? That remains to be seen; however, his track record is certainly a powerful indication that he will enjoy continued success.